Welcome!

The latest from my work through Soccer Without Borders in Uganda

Monday, April 18, 2011

And Now for Something Completely Different...

Sometimes it gets hard to fill empty time here. Outside of reading, listening to my iPod on random, and incredibly small talk with locals in their broken English and my broken Luganda, there isn't too much else to do. So, I've started to become creative. Like making lists. Here's one for you guys. A lot of time went into this one, and there were quite a few Honorable Mentions.

Top 5 Guilty Pleasure Flicks
(Based on a sliding scale of "How much I enjoy the movie" and "How guilty I feel while watching it")

5.) Predator: Jesse Venture plays a serious role in it, so there is a limited threshold for how good the movie can actually be. However, the sweet noise the predator makes while he stalks people totally makes up for it. That, and he can see in infrared.

4.) Terminator 2: Judgment Day: I'm not so much embarrassed that I like this movie as much as I'm embarrassed by how much I like this movie. I'm also not sure about how I feel about the fact that there are two Schwarzenegger films on this list.

3.) The Notebook: I don't even feel that guilty... That's just plain good storytelling if you ask me.

2.) Sweet Home Alabama: This one really brings out the whiskey girl in me.

1.) Mean Girls: I can't quite figure out why, but I love this one. Ask Tony Prekop. We can go back and forth quoting this movie all night. And we have, actually. Ask Michaela Mack...

"There are things that drift away like our endless, numbered days" ~Sam Beam

No comments:

Post a Comment